mille lacs conditions??

• kottke
    Waconia, MN

headed up tommorrow for 4 days w/ the wife and 3 other couples who have never fished the pond befor, will be coming out of burandts on the south side, just looking for any last minute reports. I’ll get a curent report out to all on monday.

kottke

scottsteil
    Central MN

The ice and and lake are in great shape. Very minimal snow, travel is good. The deeper gravel is putting out some perch and walleye. Bite is obviously best in the AM and PM, but fish can be found all day if you move around looking for active fish. A camera is nice, as I mentioned in my report, a lot of fish were caught using the MarCum OVS 560 so you could see the bites. I would work 26-32 FOW unless you decide to fish the Rocks, then I would set up shallower.

kottke
    Waconia, MN

thanks scott

ERIKJ
    Chaska, MN

You might want to try Slip’s reef.

EJ

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Do you mean Sly’s?

ERIKJ
    Chaska, MN

No Chris I mean Slip’s. Jerry Brandt named a reef two years ago after a guy named Slip who always put his fish house there. It is actually an extension of mile and a quarter west. I know Kottke is going out of Jerry’s and he knows Slip. They have been doing OK there on the shallower rock.

EJ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.