Taylor County Ice????

• riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I am wondering if anyone has been on the ice in the last 48 hours in this area? Otter or Miller Dam are my go to places but I wonder if I need a boat yet? I’m going tomorrow either way dang it.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Coming off the Seymour boat landing on Lake Altoona, is a hole in the ice. So everyone watchout if you go to Altoona. The hot weather took a number. I’d say if there was any snow on the lakes, it’s all for sure turned into water, and putting weight on the ice.

riveratt

Well I made it out to Otter this afternoon and fished three hours in the rain. What fun. Actually the fish were active, but slow. Nice size to them.

As for the ice, people were driving cars and trucks out. I figure they were nuts. The ice is 12-13 inches but getting saturated again. And the inch of water on the lake and huge pools by the landings is adding enough weight IMO. I took the ATV and felt the ice was fine for that. Gives me a reason to ride it anyhow, lol. Tomorrow will either be back to Otter (think the eyes are getting active judging by the bottom readings I get on flasher) or to Miller Dam with tip ups. I just pray the rain stops, that totally sucks!

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah I was out this morning in the rain too. Not fun.

riveratt

For what it is worth I drove up to Miller Dam today and did some ice fishing. The ice was wet but no worse for wear. Just over 13″ of ice was plenty solid to hold us, the truck, and our gear. Several others were also driving about with no signs of excessive ice cracking or water shaking in the whole. Might be anothers weeks worth of good ice afterall!

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah I noticed that there is solid ice on most lakes, up to 15 inches. The standing water is scary, but it can hold the trucks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.