Favorite mid to late winter Panfish Presentations

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

well its a friday night and nobody is posting much to keep the site alive, so i thought i would ask some more questions, just to get some discussion going The picture above is what my basement looks like right now. I am currently in the middle of getting everything ready for tomorrow..typical friday night Well anyway, i was just wondering what everybody’s favorite mid to late season presentations were…Typically, we should be sitting on mid winter patterns right now, but the weather patterns and ice condtions are similar to what we should be seeing in early to mid march, depending on the year Lately, i have been doing most of my fishing (catching) In shallower water with a variety of baits, ranging from small tear drops, to a much bigger profiled little mic. My best presentation has been starting just below the ice and if i don’t get a bite, i slowly work the bait to the bottom and i usually get strikes while in the middle of jigging. I haven’t fished deep water in a long time, but tomorrow, i plan on fishing anywhere from 4 feet to as deep as 12 feet. Just wanted to get some input on other guys’ favorite baits and techniques durring this typically tough time of year. Thanks-
    Cade

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Cade,how old are you,14? I for one am very impressed with your angling skills.I wish I could get Cole more active on the site.I think you and him would make a heck of a ice team.
    I just put up a report,the boys and I had to change many times today to get it dialed in.The gills wanted very small stuff today.So thats my best advice,change many times to see what the fish want.
    Ryan Hale

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Normally this time of year ice fishing gets to be really tough. Fish seem to be tight lipped and bait presentation is usually small with little to no movement from what I have seen. But, this year things are not that way at all. I am still using larger jigs such as Lil Mic and forage minnows tipped with waxies. We have been getting fish in deep water as well as shallow. Typically I would be using the really small Marmooska jigs right now The weeds are still green in most places and the water clarity is outstanding.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.