GTG @ Mille Lacs GTG

• mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

I know that this post is a bit late since the Mille Lacs GTG was last weekend, but I promised that I would post a picture of Gundez-71’s largest perch ever caught. Gundez-71 or better known to his buddies as “Bog Bull” not only got me hooked on this site, but he schooled me in the ways of fishing. If you look real close to his picture, I think there are traces of tears in his eyes. . The fish measure 14 inches and wieghed just over 2 lbs.

Good Job B.B., can’t wait to fish again. I just need to get you in the duck blind where I am more at home.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Another pic with the crew.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

This 24″ is still swimming.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

That perch is crazy big. After I saw the pic, I thought you were going to say that you photoshopped the picture and made a little one look huge. Nice fish.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

That is a dandy perch!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I would have it mounted.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Awesome perch Gundez

nice shack too is it a rental? Were you at Hunters? Sorry I missed you guys it would have been nice to meet you.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Now that is a perch

hof
    Rochester, MN

That is a great perch! Got one on the wall in the store that could be its twin.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Quote:

nice shack too is it a rental? Were you at Hunters?

We were actually fishing out of Fishers Resort just down the road. We did rent the house from a local guy up there that we knew. This was the first fish house that I was ever in that I could watch DVD’s in and we only rented it for $200, but gave him more because it was so nice. We stopped by Hunter’s on Saturday afternoon to meet some of the guys and had a couple beers at house #10. Crazy fun. There were actually two perch caught of that size last weekend.

Well, it is Sunday morning. I am going to head to church, get some more bait from HOF, and get to Zumbro for the afternoon.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Great fish, hope you are putting it on the wall, most likely it will be the last one of it’s kind. Look like a great walleye on the the rock

Quote:

The fish measure 14 inches and wieghed just over 2 lbs.

Mount it.

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Thanks for posting the pics Mallard. We’ll have to do it again for sure. I’m a little embarrassed about the pic with me and the 24″ eye, but what do you do when you’ve only been sleeping for three hours after being up for about 40 hours. You’re all lucky that gundez gave me time to put a shirt on before taking the picture.

It really was a great weekend with lots of perch, a couple eyes, 1 pine cone (tulipee) each morning, great food, and some good guys.

I can understand the delay in posting the pics, as I too still have some lingering effects from the weekend.

Lars

Kerry Harvey
    Brownsdale, MN.

Lars, It looks like you had a few too many beers. I don’t believe it’s from lack of sleep..

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Hey Hawg,

Good to hear from ya.

Quote:

It looks like you had a few too many beers

That is probably the case (or 2 , I can’t remember anymore).

Lars

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

This was the case. Or atleast case #1.

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Alright Mallard… Right back at ya.

(click on attachment)

scottsteil
    Central MN

You guys are cruel

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I think thats buckshots bottle of blue 100

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Yep, that’s myself and mallard_militia fishing the night away. Make sure you check the attachment on my previous e-mail, just so you see Mallard in “action”.

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Scott,

Is that a good advertisement for the LX-3 you sold me? I can tell you that it ran all night without a charge.

Lars

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

It makes me looks soo fat!! Wait, I guess I am.

the_grump
    Le Center

hey mallard, looks like the only thing missing is a couple of “pout” wrapped up in your lines.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Hey Grump

I am glad that you figured the site out. Welcome. I like your slogan. I was thinking about having my slogan say,

“If it’s brown it’s down, If it fly it dies, but if Bones is shootin, it’s most certainly alive”

Whadda think

I was looking for a picture of you, but I only had one of you deer hunting with your daughter.

Mallard

scottsteil
    Central MN

Empty beer cans and a bottle of Dr. laying on the floor. That looks like a recipe for a good time

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.