Mille Lacs current conditions 1-27-06

• Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I recieved a few calls reguarding the rain and lake conditions overnight. The access at Hunters Point was closed for a while this am, but they now have opened it back up after moving the bridge again. The lake has some snow cover left after the over night rains! I would recommend bringing the atv or sled along as the lake conditions may change with this weird weather we are having.

The good news is that the perch are starting to bite a bit! I have been busy with other things but have heard of fish coming at first daylight and late afternoon. The perch bit real well during the clouds and wind storm the other day…go figure?

This is a winter to remember……

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Sounds like the Winter Carnival ice car races should be an interesting event to witness…..

campneverrest
    Nation Wide

Yeah, Im assuming it will make the eelpout festival quite a mess! anyone been out on leech?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Coming off the lake this morning at about 10:30 they were moving the road yet again! Hat’s off to George and his crew! These guys are doing everything humanly possible to keep us fishing!
    The roads were wet with pockets of slush here and there. Otherwise, overall pretty darn good considering!
    Tuck

ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

just got home from their ( the wharf) the roads are ok, but they are down too one bridge on the crack. The big point bridge is out for now

EVERY BODY DRIVE SLOW ITS NOT A RACE WE NEED TOO KEEP THE ROADS IN GOOD SHAPE

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

WELL…
    HOW DID YOU DO?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I feel stupid asking this, but what do these ice bridges look like? Driving on ice is nothing more than child hood memories to me anymore. I think the last time i went on ice via vehicle was more than 3 years ago. Unless you count one time last year where nick davis’ crazy uncle came out on 10″ with his truck and gave us a ride back off. The best driving on ice memory was on slick ice. My dad and i were on lake onalaska and we got goin’ fast and hit the emergency brake. you can guess what happened man what a blast

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

hes not that crazy . although the 5 hours we spent at hooters after we dropped you off that day was interesting to say the least…

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

he may not be crazy, but i question driving out on 10″ of slop ice and only one other person with a car out there. Just sayin dude.

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

i thought the ice was pretty good then. as i recall it was pretty cold when we were out there though. i don’t remember exactly. i think i remember a time when we were out on 8 inches of ice when i was younger

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Oic. I remember that day. It was cloudy and the biggest thing i remember was driving back towards the landing and seeing open water holes near shore. It was kinda scary i thought. Still just saying

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

LOL o yeah i forgot about that there were open water holes less then 30 yards from where we drove off. he drove out at goose when we went that sunday to. o well nothing bad happened any way so it’s all good!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.