ida ice tourney: cat entry

• waterfowler99
    Midwest

not a stray but decent sized, what do ya think? legal?

waterfowler99
    Midwest

saw him on the floor, had to do it.

waterfowler99
    Midwest

#8 treble tipped w/fancy feast

blufloyd

Can’t wait to see the mount? Or did you eat him and get a replica?

waterfowler99
    Midwest

full body laying on back with a ball 425.00. not bad eh

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

This is a way off the subject but this is the first thing that came to mind….
    when I was younger, my grandfather would pay me a dollar for every live gopher I could catch. This was an easy an task for me because my grandpa took care of the local cemetery; so I would just run the hose over to the hole I seen a gopher go down and cover the other hole with a mason jar. When the gopher shot out of the hole and into the jar, I would slide the lid under and give it to gramps. A few years ago, while my grandpa was dying of cancer, I was running out of things to talk about in our conversations so I asked him what he did with all those live gophers I had caught for him. He smiled and said calmly….Bait! A bit confused, I sat there waiting for an explanation…..he says…..well, you get yerself a 1×6 board about 10″ long, you go down below Peavy’s papermill and set one of those gophers on that board with a treble hook tied to his back with a rubber band. Float the board down to the second hole and pull em’ off the board and let him swim to shore….If you don’t have a good musky in two trys I’ll kiss your a**! I sat there in shock for a while and let it sink in. It didn’t take long until we were both laughing and thinking of what I would have done if I knew exactly what he was doing with all those gophers! I’m sure I wouldn’t have given all of them to him….I still think about that every time I’m below the mill. Wonder if would still work?

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I fell for it,…. Jigger thats a pretty cool story, had me interested. Like you said its one of those that you never forget

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I like it!!!

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

hopefully when I’m old and grey, I can still tell my grandkids that story……But that’s a long time from now!

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Nice one fowler, Ive got a few Dogfish lurking around my house.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hmmmm, still looking for Brian’s catFISH entry.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

If you put the head flat and pinch the tail, you could get those inches a lot higher.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Those musky and bass are sooooo easily fooled!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.