SW MN Report

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I have some good friends that have been doing a lot of fishing and the fish are definitely biting. Most of the fish are coming from Lake Shetek in 5-8 fow. Guys are catching 10-15 walleyes a day. Mixed in are 10-50 crappies with most in the 10-14 inch range. I wouldn’t have believed it, but I have seen pix and the reports are consistent. My friend spent 30 hours in his house a couple days ago and ended up catching 90 walleyes. He said most were under 12″, but it was still fun. Last night they had a 24″ and 29″ eye, along with a 34″ northern that bit at 2am. My friend’s hand was pretty beat up after the battle with the northern. I have heard of people catching some nice perch too. Other lakes to check out are Wood, Goose, Twin, and Sarah. Guys are reporting about 13 inches of ice on the whole lake. There are a lot of people driving out there, but still not good enough for me to drive.

Man, I wish I had a truck and a place to store my ice gear. I guess this way I can get some homework done. I will try to get out with one of my buddies and I will post a report with pix.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.