Customer service, Vexilar and Marcum

• AkDan

As some of you know I’ve purchased the LX-5. I am extremely happy with this flasher as would be expected!

I am interested however in the Video/dvd that Vexilar made for their systems. I contacted Marcum and asked about this (in making a similar video) video in which a response came that it is doubtful a video like this would happen anytime soon (before next winter at the extreme earliest).

So today I had the gumption to call Vexilar. Explained the situation. Low and behold they are going to send a DVD FREE, yes, no shipping, no charges to me!

Either way you can’t go wrong with a Marcum or Vexilar and both customer service branches are awesome. Just a tip of the hat to both companies from the far north!

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Tells you alot about Vexilar.They send you DVD even though you bought a LX-5.Great customer service in my opinion.
    Ryan Hale

scottsteil
    Central MN

MarCum has a DVD in the works. However, as they mentioned, it will not be available until next season. These things take time to make….and finding the right person to star in them is really hard

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I think we need a big headed graemlin

col._klink
    St Paul

I will second the salmon run trip paid in full from AKDAN

AkDan

I’ll tell you what. If you can get up here I’ll take you out fishing. Had two guys from Maplewood and another from Colorado up here fishing kings with me. Man we had a ball. It was a great year considering the run was tough. Also took them out fishing sockeyes (the best eating of all). They had a little bit harder of a time but did manage a few. If you’re serious let’s plan. NOt sure but I might be running a salt water charter boat this year, if so my fresh water fishing is out and I don’t know if I’ll be allowed to have someone come up/down to the island to fish from time to time or not. I am sure their schedule is pretty tight but I’ll see.

Scott,
    Well don’t wait for them to come nockin, go snatch the contract up before someone else does.

I have a basic understanding of flasher use. My goal is to get good at it, looking for more tips…can’t get enough. The more a guy can see, the better he’ll be on the ice/water. Short of buying an aquaview, the dvd would be the next bestest thing.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I guess its not that obvious for some(myself) to see how confusing a flasher can be. Especially an LX 5. I think it all goes back to the beginning of flashers. Take the FL8s or the green box. Those were simple to use. Then came dual cones and zoom with vex FL18. If you didn’t own a fL-8, an FL-18 was confusing. Now theres Marcum with adjustable zoom, SFL, NBT, DCS, and push button cone angles. Now if you went from an FL8 or Green Box to the LX5,…..you’ve got some learning to do. I guess I never really thought of how confusing it may to some. Marcum really has evolved flashers. I guess you have to crawl before you can walk. I’m sure the DVD will be very helpful for many who are interested that have or are converting over.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Matt did you get an LX-5???

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

yup,……its my baby,….the LX3 is jealous

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Quote:

yup,……its my baby,….the LX3 is jealous

I guess that means I have twins!!

AkDan

I love the LX5, grew up on flashers for eyes 15 years ago using an old hummingbird, think my old man still has it so they are not new however the LX5 is quite a bit different for certain.

Alvin,

Yes I am in Fairbanks however I do quite a bit of driving from May till Oct, basically fishing and hunting seasons, one right after the next. Took the summer off last year, shew thank the maker gas wasnt what it is now back then or we’d be bankrupt. Put 3000 miles on my wifes pickup in 2 weeks of fishing. That’s not counting any other fishing OR hunting trip.

August is usually bad for me. I am a sheep hunter, season starts august 10th to sept 20. I try and hunt it as much as possible. I do manage to get some coho (silver) fishing in inbetween trips of if I happen to be near (meaning within a few hours drive) but really focus my falls on bowhunting. Have a fly out moose hunt planned for the last part of sept (19th through the 30th). So as much as I’d like to join you I can’t promise anything yet without hard dates and a work/hunt schedule for me as I work season in winter and again seasonal in summer. I will however do what I can to help ya out, point ya in the right direction at a minimum. Just holler

Dan
    [email protected]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.