West metro Ice

• fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I have been out of town for a couple weeks. Looking for an update on Ice in the area. Sounds like weather has been warm. No need to give lake names if you don’t want. Just looking for an Idea.

JAE

I was on Beebe between St Michael and Buffalo on Saturday, there was 11-12 inches of ice and almost no snow.

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Apparently JAE knows your stomping grounds !
    From what I’ve heard, south of Hwy 95, open water season is basically upon us.
    It is time to bust out your duck scouting skiff and head to pool #2.
    It’s good to have you back in text.
    Hopefully your 1st wedding anniversary will not interfere with the second annual IDA GTG on the pond
    Please tell me you at least chased some big bone fish or tarpon on the flats?
    cheers

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Tonka is holding good ice, from what I just heard. So is Waconia. Good enough for wheelers, but NO VEHICLES!!!!

Buddy caught a 7+lb eye out of Tonka last weekend. Hopefully I can get out of the house and hit it this weekend with him and see what happens. I’ll be fishing the west side of Tonka…..

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Thanks guys. And yes I was able to head out one day. Pounded the Wahoo and Dolfin. Don’t worry Drake the boss loves the ice. Won’t be too hard to get her up for a weekend. If it falls over our Ann. we can stay at the resort.

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Congrats regardless
    If your boss enjoys partaking in your hobbies with you
    For those of you who have not picked up the skinny, Chriss just got hitched
    cheers

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Tonka had some pretty good water on it yest. A buddy moved his house as the wind was whipping the water around the back sid eof the house making a nice eddy and eroding the ice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.