spring lake

• crailt

hi – never see anything posted about Spring Lake – just off upper Prior Lake. drove past this weekend and was packed along the west side… any reports: how’s the ice, how’s the fishing – – anything out there

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I don’t know, I won’t attempt to fish it in winter after last year, spent like 20-30 hours on the ice, caught 4 fish, there are fish to be caught if your on the spot, I happened to be 30 feet away and couple even see a fish.

All that said I tried to fish it a couple times this summer and it just wasn’t any good for me this past year, IMHO I think you’d be better off sticking to prior. I also think there are only short periods where fish are caught, where as prior it seems you can catch fish all day. Though I probably have not really truely fished it enough to say that’s true for sure.

dallgood
    Savage,MN

I talked to a kid in Prior lake bait shop last week and he said the crappie bite was good on the north end of Spring in 17 to 20 fow. I fished there Sunday and caught 20 or so gills and a couple very small bass but didn’t see a crappie. there is definately a lot of houses out there. I’m going back tommorow to give it one more try for some crappie action. D.

marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

Is there any size to the crappies on Spring?

crailt

i did get out on saturday – most of day til dusk

caught 1 keeper sunnie — and of course being the rookie — i had 2 real nice size crappies to the hole and lost them — was fishing boat launch side and walke to the mid east side of lake

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.