tight lining?

• AkDan

Ok as a fly fishermen by summer I am familiar with and know how to tie blood knots. However I am a little confused how you are “splicing” a blood knot to your main line? If tied right can this slide up and down? I also noticed when tied like this only using the “dropper” line as your blood knot one tag end would snap easily, one wouldn’t. Not quite sure I am tying it right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

AkDan

being a fly fisherman I understand the how to on a blood knot. but not how to attach a blood knot to a section of line, middle not the end as a typical blood knot is done.

AkDan

After I wrote this last nite I got to thinking.

Why not cut the leader where you want the fly. Tie on the fly to the end that is now attached to your rod (the tag end that is cut off has the weighted jig). Now tie on with a blood knot and presto. The fly will be right there with the weighted jig, in my case a swedish pimple for trout, hanging below. VIOLA!

When reading the article it made it sound like the second bloodknot was tied around the flurocarbon (IE NO cutting involved). Mentioning a second tag end tied around the line but said nothing about cutting it to add this in.

I’m almost certian I am doing something backwards ( ) here but it did work well this way and was rediculously easier to tie the 2nd blood knot using the know two butt ends, one with a fly, the other with your weighted whatever hanging below. THe only one you have to feed through the hole is the one butt end from the weighted jig, and the fly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.