Mille Lacs GTG live updates! (PICS ADDED DAILY!)

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Well last night Briank asked me if i could post pics of the ice fishing GTG at Mille Lacs Lake. This is going on from today till sunday. Brian sent me three pictures from today that he would like to share with the rest of us. I’m sure he will have a heck of a lot more after tomorrow for me to post. So for the rest of you guys that couldn’t go, maybe some pics will cure your bordum! I bet those guys are having a blast….I’m jelous

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Well i can edit this now….I misunderstood Brian when i talked to him earlier…the perch is 7″ The dude holding this “monster” is eye-guide

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Heres Chris Tuckner working the flasher

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Ok, i just got off the phone with Brian, so i can edit this out now. The dude with the eye above is “Puddle Pounder” and the eye is 24″….

marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

What am I doin’ sitting here in front of a computer when I could be fishing!! Oh well, good luck up there guys!!

muskygator
    Foley MN

Well it looks like you are all having a good time. Youngest one is sick, so I won’t be making the venture . I still wanted to but the wife had a few choice words to that suggestion Hope you all catch big ones. and get one for me.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

Heres Chris Tuckner working the flasher

Is your reference to the “flasher”, the lighted object in the foreground or to the cropped pic of E-G in the nude from the waist down?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

good one!
    I knew somebody would say something about that… the flasher that is

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

looks like there is no shortage of fun Here is EYE-GUIDE again, puddle pounder, and i don’t recognize the dude in the orange..

ggoody
    Mpls MN

It’s 1:30 AM I am expecting a Pout Picture any time now………

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

EJ, you will pay!!!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Here is Brian K with what he hoped had whiskers. It was as close to a kitty as he could get on the pond…

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Last pic live from shack #10….

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

it was a fun time in #10 last night. when i arrived, eyeguide, bobber and briank were in the fishhouse,i said hello, shook some hands and the raddle reel went off and tuck and bobber said take it. well it looks like it is the biggest walleye so far this weekend. still alot of fishing left. i will be loading up the otter and gear soon and heading out to met up again with the crew. it is going to be a great time at hunters point tonight. if anybody is on the fence about comming up, all i can say is load up and come out. the ice road is good at this time. the crew will be fishing about 300 yards northwest of the fishhouses that they are staying in so they will be easy to find…………..tom fellegy

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

Here is Brian K with what he hoped had whiskers. It was as close to a kitty as he could get on the pond…

Who was the insensitive one that informed him it wasn’t a ‘cat’ and spoiled his euphoric reaction?

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

What happened to Putz? You guys are keeping an eye on him aren’t you? Please do not let him sleep on the ice or wander the neighborhood in search of a ‘girlie’ show as he may be inclined to do! Remember he is just getting over the flu and we wouldn’t want him to relapse!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Since it looks like the #10 house is the ”Catfish Nation” [see Briank’s shirt] sooner or later he should have a cat on if he remembers what they look like since he turned into a bassin guy. Tuck, Brian may need you to pick him up some kittie food at the store.

Anybody seen Herb or Putz out there? Are they catching anything besides Ludifish [sp] or whatever they are hoping will come up through their hole?

I see Tuck is the #1 Perch Patrol Man this weekend. Anyone giving him any competion? Becarefull when opening the door after a knock as I see Tom has ”perfect timing” for when big fish are on.

Keep the pics comin Tuck and Cade/Brian.

Thanks, Bill

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Hello from Abbott Northwestern Hospital, wanted to make it but circumstances have come up. Sure is fun seeing this post while sitting here. I’ve heard through the grapevine that there may have been more empty cans and bottles then fish caught… Perhaps just a rumor, but by the pictures it looks like everyone is double fisting, hard to hold a rod when you got two beers in your hands. Hope you guys are having fun, perhaps next year Bob and I will show you how it’s done!!!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Well i just talked with briank and we got a few new updates to add, and two new pictures. First off, the guy with the perch in his mouth is Alvinmack and the dude in the background is an unregistered lurker, named Tom.
    Now this next part was hard to hear, but Brian said a guy named Winston had a few big ones and also caught the biggest of the day, which was 24″. They are still fishing right now and they had a rattle reel going when i was talking to BK. Alvinmack apparently busted off on a big one earlier and AmWatson caught 4 smaller fish. some perch apparently moved in to the “poker house” and some guys got into a few. Brian said they were mostly fishing from 22 to 26 feet of water over sand or rock to produce their fish. I gotta run, but Brian said hes going to call me later to night and fill me in on some more stuff. heres alvinmack with a perch (caught by Tom) in his mouth

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

heres “somebody” checking out the camera. i don’t know who this is. Brian told me they were all having fun watching the perch swim by, but from the sounds of it, it looks like it was rather slow today

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

i think it might be bobber?

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Thanks Cade and to all who submitted. I am here in La Crosse taking care of the “honey do” list as well as the “realator says we have to do” list. Today I have to rake leaves! Why the heck did the snow have to melt here in La Crosse? AHHHHHHHHHHH. Well, at least someone had fun fishing this weekend!

Did I mention I have to rake leaves!?!?!? If god didn’t want them on the ground, they wouldn’t fall off the trees!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

looks like there is no shortage of fun Here is EYE-GUIDE again, puddle pounder, and i don’t recognize the dude in the orange..

The “Dude” In the orange is Ritt “I got a huge perch” 14.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Quote:

If god didn’t want them on the ground, they wouldn’t fall off the trees!

can we get an amen!!

dave

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

i think it might be bobber?

That would be the infamous Blue Fleck.

Chappy, Ritt14 (Jami), Clarence, and Tom(?) Bauer did really well just off the rock structure with some nice perch in the deeper water. Do you guys have the pics?
    Tuck

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The fella watching the camera was Tom Blue Fleck…and the perch were out smarting him….Mr. Crawford gave up just moments before in frustration..as the perch would grab the wax worm but not the hook.

There were some real nice fish caught yesterday, but I was always in the wrong spot when they came through the ice.

Full report to come later tonight.

Cade, I have to thank you for the awesome job of posting with the little info you had about the picts. You did swell!

PS, the reason it’s against the law to use perch for bait in MN, is because you might catch.. crap like the photo above! Sorry Alvinmack, couldn’t resist.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

The dude in the orange is me, with my drinking gloves on already, and it is still very light out… Way to much fun on friday makes saturday morning tough.

I forgot my usb cable for the camera, I will post some pictures of the perch later this am.

Jami

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.