Lake Byllesby

• charlie_heiman
    Randolph, MN

Just wondering if anyone else has been out on Byllesby. I’ve been going out there the last 2 weeks. Fishing has been slow some perch and a bunch of walleye between 12 and 15″. Ice conditions have been much better than i thought. Two weeks ago we just started drilling while walking across the lake (6.5 to 8″ of ice everytime). We pulled the perm the next day out there on the pines and now we are on top of 12″ of ice. Just wondering how the fish are biting on other parts of the lake. Let me know.
    Thanks. Charlie

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hey Charlie;

Cousin G- here…….Haven’t been out on the lake at all this year. Planning on getting down there soon.

Shoot me a pm. I got a couple of spots for you to try down there!!!!!!

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

I would love to get out on Byllesby, never been…How much ice do they have there? My brother is up from Georgia, and we NEED to spend Sat. and Sunday on the ice….any ideas where???

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Happy B-Day Yellowjacket!

Byllesby is a brutally tough lake to fish. Just an empty basin reservoir with a good channel running through it.

No rock piles.
    No “strong” humps (couple subtle bumps)
    No weedlines. (no weeds in the lake)
    No “strong” points or inside turns.

A couple very subtle gravel bars.

Some folks, way back when…….Put some christmas trees on the North end of the lake between the 2nd and 3rd points. This is right along the channel (where there is a defined breakline of 10 feet to 18 feet).

Basically, if you go……..Go to where the crowd is. You can catch a mixed bag of walleyes, crappies, lg mouth bass, and some occasional perch. With that said, a flasher or even camera is critical. If you have the patience and are able to find one of the christmas trees, you are on fish! If not, it is tough.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Wow…a happy B-Day…you even beat my wife…(not the kids though, they live for this birthday stuff)

Thanx for the report….i have heard horrible things about this lake, and great things…seems there is no inbetween…

I’m up for the challenge though

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.