L 332C vs Vexlar

• Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

I’m in need a new Vexlar trying to find out if anybody has used their Lowrance 332 C as a flasher for Ice fishing. They have a package for a $179 case, battery/charger and transducer. How do they compare. I have an old Vexlar and it is hard to see in the sun, but I won’t fish with out it. I have the 332c and you can see it great in the sun. I love it for summer fishing just wondering if it’s worth the $179 to have a second flasher in my house for less than $279 that I pay for a Marcum or more for the Vexlar
    Thanks for any input Whatsa

assman1
    S E Wi.

I was considering this too, but a Lowrance dealer told me that the lcd screen on the 332C sometimes doesn’t work that well in very cold temps.

ERIKJ
    Chaska, MN

I use my X102C (same as 332, but no GPS) for icefishing and will not go back to a flasher. Great detail, no interference and gives input on how fish are reacting to presentation. It is a TFT screen not a LCD thus it handles cold temperatures well. I picked up the icefishing package (case, battery, transducer, mounting plate and power cord) through Reed’s for $145.00.

EJ

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Thanks. I thought I heard that they handle the cold ok…..What is cold???? below zero…..I’m in a shack then.
    That includes the power cord also for $145

ERIKJ
    Chaska, MN

Yes, the power cord is included. Sorry about the spelling error- it was confusing- I corrected it.

EJ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.