CRAPPIES??

• tiger81
    MN.

ANYONE BEEN HITTING ANY CRAPPIES ANYWHERE IN MINNESOTA?? I HAVE BEEN HUNTING HARD TO FIND SOME GOOD ACTION BUT HAVE NOT HAD VERY GOOD LUCK. IVE CAUGHT SEVERAL HUNDRED SUNNIES AND PERCH BUT ONLY AN OCCASIONAL SMALL CRAPPIE. ID LOVE TO FIND SOME HERE BEFORE THE ICE IS GONE! ANY IDEAS??

col._klink
    St Paul

If you are looking to catch some crappies I would advise you to try Chisago or South Center.

We were doing good out on Chisago on the Southern most part of the lake in 12′ of water.

South Center was producing in the deep water. With some bigger crappies being caught.

This should give you a pretty good idea. If not pm me and I will help you out.

tiger81
    MN.

ARE YOU TALKING DOWN OF OF 83 IN THE BAY?? I WAS THERE ON SUNDAY AND WE ONLY CAUGHT LIKE 3 CRAPPIES. WHAT TIME ARE THEY MOVING IN? MAYBE THEY WEREN’T BITING CUZ OF THE COLD FRONT WHO KNOWS. LET ME KNOW WHEN YOURE GOING BACK OUT.

col._klink
    St Paul

You got it. I never use a minnow out there and they move in before dark and it seems like they quit about an hour after dark. I think I am going out there again on Friday. I have to eat some before I can fill up my freezer. I guess 10 means 10 now

tiger81
    MN.

well i will be out there for sure on saturday possibly have to meet up with you out there on friday night. good luck if i don’t. im going to try a private lake tonight up in north branch for some crappies. can hopefully snag a few!

col._klink
    St Paul

Good luck bud. I know a couple of other lakes that seem to be producing but every man has to keep a couple of things to himself.

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Is kroon by chance one of those things?
    cheers

tiger81
    MN.

YES KROON IS BEEN FAIRLY DECENT BUT SEEMS TO BE TAPERING OFF NOW. IVE ONLY BEEN CATCHING REAL SMALL ONES LATELY??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.