ice portable repair

• crailt

again – rookie needs help – 1st time used my portable ended up putting a L shaped tear about 2-3 inches by 2-3 inches in the canvas – – any veterans or experts help guide me on where to purchase repair materials and how to fix — would be greatly appreciated

luckydog2
    The Villages Florida

I used an Iron on patch. One inside and one outside. Seems to be holding well. Luck to ya.

synthes
    Plymouth, MN

canvas plus or canvas craft sells repair kits for your shack…canvas to match along with a quick set glue. Patched mine last week and worked great. good luck

marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

Goop works really well. Cut a piece of canvas for a patch and use the Goop to adhere the patch. The stuff is a great for an all around patch kit. You can get the stuff at Home Depot, Menards, Ace Hardware, … It costs about $5.

walleye_dog
    Western WI

There is a product called Tear Mender I purchased at my local hardware store, it is a fabric adhesive designed for this purpose. As for the fabric, I got a large piece from a truck accessory shop that also makes pontoon covers. They just gave me a chunk for free. Total cost was $3.50.

crailt

thanks to all of you for your input — i can be back ice fishin without a draft

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.