How much slush is there?

• slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

My brothers, nephews, son and I are all headed for our annual ice fishing journey just north of Amery, WI. this coming weekend. We’ll be fishing Blake and Big Round and are looking for any ice reports. Has anyone been on either in the last week or so? Our biggest concern is the slop on top.
    I’ll post a report when I return.

Thanks,
    Don

walleye_dog
    Western WI

Not sure about Big Round or Blake, but I was on Wappagaset on Fri. and there was about 10″ of ice and no slush. You should have smooth sailing, just not sure I would trust the ice for driving a truck out though.

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Hasn’t been any slop in the Clark County lakes for about a week either. We have been in the low 20’s even teens at night and everything has firmed up nice. Be dang acreful about vehicle traffic though. Get yourself a sled or ATV and still play it safe.

slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate it.
    I’ll make sure to get pics posted of the outcome, however bad they might be.

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

I dont fish blake, but was on big round this past week one day. Actually the day after the snow….sun and cold temps. So the fish weren’t too cooperative to say the least. But i did drive the Silverado out there. 12-14 inches of ice, and i would bet an inch or 2 more by now. I wasn’t the only one out there in a full-size either. No slop, but was a good 6 inches of snow over most of the lake. Might want to bring a shovel. Good luck. Like to hear if you do well on eyes. Everyone says it is so good, but i have not seen the results.

staynchargebob
    Amery, WI

I live near Wapo and was wondering if the eyes are biting at all. I am thinking about going out Sunday and seeing if I can catch anything. I have these Hand raised European Nightcrawlers (Belgian Giant Red Worms)that are incredibly active and cold water resistant. I am hoping they work as well as I anticipate in icy waters. I am looking into supplying them to the local bait stores soon. I am still working on getting a good breeding stock going.
    They sure are impressive in the summer! If your willing to give me some decent info on were they are biting on Wapo I would be willing to set you up with a nice batch of these worms at no cost to check out. You have never seen anything like them before! They Need no refrigeration under 85 degrees too. Drop me a note if anyone wants any of these. $5 for 3 doz. Bait size crawlers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.