1/14/06 Stoddard all to ourselves!

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Well i hit stoddard today for about 5 hours and had a pretty good time. I got on the ice with absolutely no problems from the boathouse, and i walked over to an area where i fished last weekend. The closest people were about 2-300 yards away from me. i drilled a few holes and started marking fish so I got started. It did not take long to ice the first keeper, and then i iced a pig. This fish was absolutely huge and measured 9-1/2.” I went and talked to a guy that had moved to within 200 yards of me and i asked him how he was doing. He said he caught 2 and then i showed him mine. Well he came over by me and it wasn’t long before he came over to show me a 10″ bluegill that he had caught! It was even bigger than mine and what a monster. He ended up giving me that fish and one more, and then my dad showed up, and he left. I caught several more keepers and my dad caught 1 keeper and a few small ones, and then we realized we were the only ones left out there. It was wierd being at Stoddard of all places and being the only ones out there. I think most people think the ice is too thin, but we were still on 8-9 inches of ice. It was isolated though, there was open water south of us and soft ice to the north. You have to watch out and i would recomend using a spud, although i did not have one with me today It was a great day out and i can’t wait for tomorrow. Oh yah, one funny moment of the day was that i caught a shiner. I couldn’t believe it. It came in on the flasher and inhaled my bait and i thought it was a small gill, and then whoa what the heck is that? Turned out to be about a 6″ shiner, looked just like tip up bait well good luck and stay safe.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

look at these bulls! the one on the right is the 10″er

blufloyd

I love catching shiners, lil mini tarpon thru the ice. My biggest been pushing 14in….

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

nice looking piggies! i tried to call you today after you called me but then you picked up and all i heard was a loud screaching noise so idk. looks like you had a good day though! congrats on the nice ones. are you entering those in the tournment?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

heres a view of those two hogs again..mine was 9-1/2 and the other dudes absolutely eclipses it because his is 10-1/2

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

im definately entering my 9-1/2, but i don’t think the other guys would be too happy about me entering somebody elses fish too bad i didn’t catch that one, it would be tough to beat a friggen 10-1/2 incher

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Nice gills Cade

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Nice gills Cade. Thanks for the report and pics.
    Thanks, Bill

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Cade,

do you still have that 10″er or did you cut him up already?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

shoot slop, i just filleted him out…what about it anyway? I can dig him out of the bag if you want, although he will look kind of funny

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.