LaCrosse area ice conditions

• kingcabelas
    Hudson, WI

I attend school at UW-LaCrosse and am getting ready to head back after break so I was wondering what the ice conditions are like around the area. I have been out every day ice fishin’ at home and would like to continue the trend back at school but if the ice is crappy i’m not gunna risk it, usually this isn’t a problem because january doesn’t usually have 40 degree weather. Any info would be great thanks.
    -KingCabelas

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

MOST OF THE PEOPLE TODAY ARE FISHING FROM BOATS BELOW THE DAM. THEY ARE FISHING LAKE ONALASKA YET THOUGH. THERE IS ICE BUT YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU GO.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

we were on 8 inches today at stoddard. The key word however is isolated. There was open water about half a mile south of where we were and soft ice about a quarter mile north. The shoreline is very hairy in some places, especially where there are any rocks present that warm the water. Good luck, maybe you will catch a couple 10″ers like these

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

Half of Lake Onalaska is wide open, that NE wind did a number on it. I only know of a few good spots with ice on it yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.