Is it January?

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

This is not right Just to get a fix, I’m putting the boat in tomorrow THE BOAT

Where is Old Man Winter? If someone finds the dude, please kick him in the

Good luck fishing
    Bret

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

PS: Mr Cadwell, please get your boat out. It worked last year

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

PS: Mr Cadwell, please get your boat out. It worked last year

Its tucked away in the garage under Nates house. BUT I do have my jon boat sitting in the driveway for emergancies. Plan on ice fishing this weekend but who knows what will happen after that. We should have a blizzard March 18th and 19th as the Lund will be on the river those days plus a day or two before. [hope no blizzard]
    Thanks, Bill

herb
    6ft under

“Is it January?” he asks.
    So I sez to myself, “Self, I sez, You put the boat away and got the ice gear out. You got to ice fish once and then the ice went to crap. So you put the ice gear away and got the boat back out. Painted up some one pound jigs to handle the heavy current in the river, picked up a few crawlers before work one night to use on cats incase the saugers won’t eat, planned out a fishing trip to Lansing cause we all know the river is better fishing up there anyway. Even thinking about taking the boat to Rathbun or Mark Twain for the day. And all the while, you just know that things will backfire and the weather will do just the opposite for what you plan. And in the back of your mind, something tells you to just forget about it and get things ready for that appointment with the tax man.”
    So I sez to myself, “Self, I sez, be ready for anything, this is January”.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Herb, these days its best to be ready for anything. Got my jon boat in the driveway and have my fish trap in the back of the car so I’m prepared. Sounds like you are too. And I see my youngest son Nate is now too as he just called me [hes working today] and said he was on the ice catching bluegills on his lunch break. Must be rough sheetrocking a house so close to a good bluegill lake. And his boat is only 20 miles away.

Thanks, Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.