Need to vent a little

• nubbinbuck

I am writing this post with a bit of a heavy heart. I was out fishing a metro area lake today, and lost what would have been a wallhanger (repo). Basically, I got a little excited, and lost what was easily a 22″ largemouth as it took it’s last run.

What I need to vent on is this – why in the world does MN not allow treble hooks on tipups (without a blade)? Is there empirical evidence out there that points to a higher mortality rate with trebles? I had forgotten my blades in WI, and had to fish with a #2 Baitholder hook. In past years, I had terrible look with hooksets, so I got into the habit of putting my 3 beads and blade on all my tipups. Now, after fishing for 30 years for a fish like that… this happens!!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Sorry Nub, Loosing a 5 or 6 Paaanda is never an easy thing to overcome.

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

Nubbin, Just need the GPS coordinates & the lake you we’re on.. I’ll send out the one man strike team (me) and get him for you !!

Happy Friday !

nubbinbuck

I just became a huge believer in barometric pressure changes yesterday. As soon as that front started moving in late yesterday PM, the flags were poppin. Ended up icing 4 pike and 2 bass. Lost that slob bass and another pike. For the first time in my life, i actually ran out of bait

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Think on the positive side. You didn’t have a frying pan big enough for the fillets anyway.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Using treble hooks in Minnesota would be too much fun. We could allow you to use one, but we have to charge you a user fee.

For $5.00 you can get a sticker to put on your treble hook that will permit you to use it.

lunker651
    Twin Cities, MN

I wish they would let us use it too. Last year, I ask a CO why they wouldn’t let us use treble hook and his response was that if they let us used it, some people would use it as a snagging hook. During the summer fishing I do see some people using them as snagging hooks. Those people are the ones that are runeing for the rest of us, good law biding citizens.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.