Shanty Lighting

• dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Well, I just bought a new Clam Fish Trap Yukon and I am not crazy about the idea of haning a propane lantern in there… I would like to keep this as “new” as possible. Anyone willing to share their lighting ideas? thinking about rigging up some kind of 12 volt LED system.

pfluggy
    ROSEMOUNT, MN

there hanging rope lighting ,12 volt ,in them. i use dome lights the kind in cars for mine.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I’ve heard that those rope lights don’t produce much light. Hoping for some more original ideas.

How do you use the dome lights? What do you connect it to? how do you keep it from getting too hot and melting the canvas?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I seen a new lighting system yesterday at Thorne Bros…I am sure you could rig something up fairly cheap though. I looks like a fairly common light..just hooked up to a small battery…they wanted 25 bucks for it…you can look them up online at http://www.thornebros.com if you are interested or stop in to get a better look at it…

birddog
    Mn.

I use a couple Coleman tent lights, they work great! You can fold them up with the tarp or remove, I leave them on as the magnet that holds them on is plenty strong. Tent Light

BIRDDOG

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Speaking of Coleman lights, I just picked up this one: Coleman Lantern

Bright and gives off a little bit of heat too.

-J.

vern
    Richfield, MN

I agree with Jon J. That’s a great little lantern & gives off some good heat. I used a 2-mantle Coleman for years but the mantles & globes would always break during travel. The mantles on this lantern last forever & the glass is thicker on the globe. I like the slip-on mantles also – no more tying on new ones in the dark. I just slip a chopper glove over the globe to protect it during travel. Two of those might work well in a Yukon.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Yep, that is the lantern I use. Works great. Gives off more than enough light.

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

get a clamping work light the ones with the 12″ shroud around the light bulb…add a 12v light bulb and hook to a battery,,,,viola.. it puts out a lot of light and a little heat too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.