Chisago lake

• col._klink
    St Paul

Just got home from here. What a night!! Nothing to brag about size wize but no stop action. All you need is some waxxies or larve. I caught maybe 200 crappies and sunnies. I also had one tip up out and got a couple 4 pound pike. And I got 2 largemouths 18″ and 20″. They are fun. I also got one walleye 14″ nice eater watched him come in on the Aqua Vu and hit a waxxie of all things.

We fished on the South most part of the lake. Off of County road 83. You just park on the road and walk out. That should give everyone enough to get some freezer meat!!

What a night!!

col._klink
    St Paul

I forgot to say 13″ of ice

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the report and ice report too. Sounds like a very fun day. Now if they would only bite like that everyday.
    Thanks, Bill

anthonymac23
    a small pond somewhere, MN

Wow what a morning limited out on crappies and sunfish by 12:30 P.M. Lots of ice safe to walk still no good for driving but hey who minds a little walking. Just a word of advice to those wanting to catch fish during daylight use grubs of some sort larvae and waxies will out fish a minnow 10 to 1. Ice is still sitting at a solid 12″. Best of luck to all who fish this fun lake

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.