Lake of the Woods

• col._klink
    St Paul

Anyone have a LOW or RED report? W e are heading up this weekend to set some tip ups on RED and fish those famous eyes.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

For your information, I do not believe that Walleyes are a legal species of fish to pursue on Red Lake. That season does not open up until the Spring opener in May

tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

I just talked to a resort (Sportsmans) and they said they are in 30 feet of water and really slow. Just talked to friend of mine and he said they were up on red and lotw wiyh very poor results not one crappie to be seen.

col._klink
    St Paul

Thank you for the update on Red. I did also mention that I was heading up to Lake of the Woods hence (LOW). I think walleyes are open up there. I know they pushed the limits down. But I am sure I can be legal fishing walleyes up there. (Forgot to be specific) Up there = Lake of the Woods…….

Fathead

A buddy of mine just got back from Red. Lot’s of released walleyes but the crappies are slow. Not like years past. I wonder if the returning walleye population is affecting the crappies?

I’m heading up in February. Let us know how you do.

Fatfead

DOUGGRAY
    ROCHESTER,MN

Was on lotw on dec 28-30 in a zipple bay sleeper. Fishing was pretty slow.

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

LOTW at Zipple Bay first week of Jan still VERY SLOW!
    Tried Adrians road in 30′ and nothing happening either left early very dissapointed! Locals saying 3 wind storms just before ice up churned up water pretty good. Water clarity at Zipple was about 6′-7′ in 22 FOW. Clarity on Adrians road in 30 FOW was 10′-15′.

Ferny

bigpike

I’m not buying the water clarity thing, we were up there on Zippel last week and caught limits both days BUT we got into a hot house mid week, we were the only ones at this area, by the time we left they had dragged about 10 shacks around us. Man did we have to work for the fish, the size of the ones we caught were decent, 14-16″. This is my third year on LOTW and I like it but every year it has gone from fabulous fishing to mediocre. I think its time to try somewhere new next year for the 7 hour drive time….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.