Mille Lacs/Hunters Point conditon’s 1-10-06

• Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I just spoke with George at Hunters Point. The crack problems that they have been dealing with just out front of the resort should improve with some colder weather. We do have teen’s in the forecast for overnight low’s. They are working on building two new bridges 36 feet long to span the problem area near shore. George said that they are going to play it cool during this week. He hopes that with lighter traffic things should freeze up.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

For the first time this year I heard the “snapping” of ice being made. THe cold has actually spread some cracks because of contraction. This is a good thing though. Last night it was cold out fishing. When you’re used to fishing in 32 degree weather,…….10 degrees seems bitterly cold with the wind. Last night I confirmed a better bite in the near future. Myself and others have been on the lake nearly every day. Its safe to say we have finally come out of this week long rut the lake has been in,…and I don’t mean mating fish either. Last night I picked up a dozen or so walleye. eight of which were in the keeper Zone. the biggest last night was a healthy 25 incher. Hopefully over the next few days we’ll find the big girls.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.