Aqua vu Sout/Scout XL

• craigrbox
    Bloomington, MN

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any input on the Aqua Vu Scout and Scout XL. Wondering how well it works, how clear is the picture, does it work well in dirty water or do you have to be on a clear lake. Looking to pick one up to use with the zexilar fl-18 that I already have. Will use the Vex mainly but would be nice to see a picture of what is down there and would like to use it in the summer on the boat too. Anyone using one out of thier boat at all. I have a buddy that has one of the first aqua vu’s and I seems to work well, not sure if the aqua view scout is similiar. I think that it would be a lot of fun for my daughter too in a couple of years when she is old enough to fish to show her what is going on down there.

col._klink
    St Paul

I have the Scout. It worked great last year. Clear enough picture to see the bottom and fish around the camera. The problems I have are it is a S.O.B to get the camera positioned right and suddenly it seems that I can only get 20 minutes before the screen turns all black. I turn it off wait 5 or 10 min. and then blackout again. Not sure what is causing it. I tried to email them but I have got no response. Just my .02.

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

Klink, I have an older Aqua Vu (4yrs) and it did the same black screen thing a year after purchase. Aqua Vu told me that it was a common problem and you have to send it in to get fixed. Some type of chip replacement or addition. No problems since.

Plus, you absolutely need a tripod to hold the camera cord if you are going to fish stationary with it. For just running around and seeing what is down there you can just hang on to it and drop it down the hole.

For open water fishing you can buy a light weight telescoping painting pole for a few bucks and tape the camera to the end and the cord to the pole. Pull up to a brush pile, poke it down there and see what is going on You might be surprised.

charlie_heiman
    Randolph, MN

I just purcheased a scout up at the sportsman show in St. Paul last Friday and have been using it everyday. I was impressed by the clarity. I have been fishing a dirty lake (clarity less then 2 feet) and i could see my bait 6.5′ away. I settled for the scout, paid a little less than $200 for it. Was tax free and talked the salesman into throwing in a spare battery and tripod. I was considering the Marcum, but that was almost $600. I’m waiting to see how much i use it during winter and summer, before spending that much. But it is amazing to be able to actually see your bait while jigging and learn techniques that draw the fish in.

Overall i’m satisfied, and when the fishing is slow at least you can be able to entertain yourself with the camera.

craigrbox
    Bloomington, MN

I picked up the scout at the spsortsman show also, haven’t used it yet but will this weekend, can’t beat the 160.00 no tax sticker price!! I looked into the marcumm and the sales guy who i trust and have bought most of my equipment from said that they are having trouble with the lense leaking on them right now. He said that aqua vu ahd the same issue when they first came out, told me to wait a year or so to purchase the marcumm. Did you see the 50% off St. Croix rods at Reed’s what a steal!!! On to the boat show this weekend to see what delas they have on electronics for the boats, nice to be able to go to mucltiple shops in one area and get the best deal.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.