mille lacs report 1-9-06

• kottke
    Waconia, MN

just returned from 3 days of fishing, started on the 8 mile mud on jan 6, not a bite, loads of 2″perch on camera, 28-32′,roads out of terrys were in great shape pulled 16′ wheele with the truck, moved to sloppys on the south end on Sat, afternoon, finally had 22″ at 7pm nothing else until sunday at 9:30am had a 12″ perch. that was all, again lots of fish on camera, ice out of Burandts was scary driving, take care trying to get out

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Awesome first post… thanks for the report. Sorry to hear the fishing was so slow. I sure hope it picks up for the GTG out of Hunters Pt. on the 20th!

birddog
    Mn.

We went out for the weekend also…fished 8 mile and Seguchies. Saw lots of eyes on the camera while on Seg. but no takers! We ended up with a dozen jumbos’s and 2 pout…pretty slow! We did however catch a BUZZZZZ.

BIRDDOG

chappy
    Hastings, MN

We were on Suguchie Sat. and Sun. too and saw 2 on the camara and only a few perch. 1 Small eye and 6 perch was all I saw on the camara in Multiple holes.

scottsteil
    Central MN

There is no doubt it was a tougher weekend for the most part. You have to be in the right spot, set up for the evening bite to get them. I had one group that had a pair of 25’s and I know a group of 3 that limited out on unders, released 3 others and had a 28 1/2 incher also all on Saturday. So, there are still some spots that are producing fish. These spots were all on the mud working the same 28-32ft we have been

The real problem is people are starting to stack on top of each other because the bite is getting tougher. Your odds are much better if you can find your own school of fish that has not been pressured yet. When the bite gets tougher there are less active fish to go around.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.