Lake Wisconsin Ice getting Bad

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Please be careful if going out to Lake Wisconsin. With the warm weather and rain, the ice is getting thin. Be safe and take care.

Bassman

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Talking to a buddy of mine the other day and he said the middle finger was thawed about halfway up the channel. He has been getting on the ice there by using a pier. I am sure the rain did not help things out much. He said last weekend there was about three inches left on the channel, but some nice perch were biting. I am sure things are much woars now, and in my opinion, it is not worth it people. Please be safe and stay off the ice, or use a floataion device. Pray for colder weather.

Bassman

Whiskerkev
    Madison

The Madison area lakes are treacherous too. A few people fishing the triangles on Monona in shallow water. This should make for an awesome late ice bite though. If we ever get ice.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Thanks for the info Whiskerkev, I was figuring the Madison Chain would be getting scrary too. I was there on New years Eve and was surprised to find more ice on Wabesa than on Lk Wisconsin. You are right too, should help out the later bite

Bassman

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.