Nitti”s Hunters Point

• Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

I was not impressed with the phone service I got there Thursday late morning. I called the number and a woman answered. I told her I was with the IDA group and wondered what if any ice houses they had for rent on that weekend. She told me to hold on. Well, I don’t know how long I was supposed to hold on for. After 10 min. of hearing people in the background talking, I gave up and hung up. Not a good way to treat a first time potential customer.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I’m sorry to hear of your bad experience. I have seen it go on ther first hand acouple of times……sometimes their phone rings none stop. With the current lake conditions they are recieving even more phone calls. They should have a full time phone person just to answer the phone. As it is, I think anyone that is near it will answer it.

I’ll comunicate it to George

ARCH
    southern minnesota

I have also seen it happen at Hunters, but I know that they are having a tough week or winter for that matter, it’s no excuse but they are really good people, don’t take it too personal.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I don’t fish over that way much but the guys that I send over there have nothing but great things to say about the Hunters Point.

As Bobber said, it gets to be a lot sometimes. I could have a full time person just to answer my phone and emails from people looking for a report or ice conditions, etc. Now, that is not an excuse for poor treatment but it gets to be a lot. It has been a tough winter for the resorts with roads because of the marginal ice. Try to cut them a little slack, you probably just caught them on a bad day.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

We went out of Hunters on sunday. I have nothing but great things to say.

birddog
    Mn.

I had the same problem Thu. and Fri. not only was that girl unpersonable but I waited on hold for a long time. When I finally got to talk to her I asked, 1: Is the road drivable? 2: What structure does their road goes past…”The lake”, real good answer!! I understand they must be getting lots of calls and be busy but you’d think they’d be prepared as it is Ice season. If they can’t handle the amount of calls hire another phone answerer, with what they charge for road access they can certainly afford to pay another min. wage worker. After all, if they’re advertising on this site they are going to get calls.

P.S. I was also a potential 1st. time customer.

BIRDDOG

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I don’t understand why busy resorts don’t have a phone line with a recorded message of the road conditions and how the bite is.

It’s nearly impossible to get ahold of someone at Hudecs Resort on Upper Red Lake.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I understand your disappointment. You are right, it is maddening when you just want a report. But hey, that’s why you have us here at IDA. Scott Steil and Bobber are very good at getting back to people, and provide tons of information on who is open, and which roads go by where. That is why he advertises with us. He has often told me “Hey, get this on your site quick!” in regards to roads, etc. In Georges defense, have you heard all that is going on up there? He has had trucks going through, spent $$$ of his own money to buy plywood and construct bridges and roads so we can get out to houses they have been pulling out 24 hours a day. I wouldn’t take that job for any money! Yep, the girls working in the bar are not the best for providing information. But have you seen what they do while you are in there? Hustling thier backsides off for those trying to eat or get a drink. They really do try to take care of everyone. I will talk to George about the phone line, I think that would be a great idea.
    Tuck

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I personally don’t have issues with any of the resorts.

I don’t drive on the lake, I use my snowmobile.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I say we convince George to forward all the ice report calls to Bob’s cell phone… lol

big_g
    Isle, MN

I think it goes back to the old adage. A bird (customer) sitting in front of you, is better than 2 bird’s (customer’s) in the bush (on the phone). I know I always get ticked off, when I go into a store, whether it be a local hardware, or an auto parts store, and am standing in front of the counter person, with a part in hand or a question, and the phone rings. They drop everything to answer the guy who’s just calling 10 different stores, looking for the best deal. You can only do that so many times, before the guy in front of you says, screw it, and goes elsewhere. I also have seen Hunters turn into a zoo. Just know that, they take excellant care of the person in front of them, that is spending their money with them, before they will do backflips for someone who is possibly “just checking”. They run a great business, and I am sure they help people to the best of their ability at a given time. Just my .02.

Glen

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Good reply Glen!

I didn’t know for sure what to say on this as i’m a little biased about the resort.
    About my only comment from having spent a little time around George’s is that when the phone rings someone usually answers it promptly. This person, in busy times is probably a waitress who’s job is not answering the phone, it waiting on customers. They more than likely don’t have a clue how the ice is, where the roads go, or if the fish are biting. It’s not their job. They yell at someone who’s job it is, but that person is with someone else with 2 others waiting behind them for service. In those instances the phone call will get missed. In a business like this it would be great to employ someone full time to answer the phone, but not cost effective i’m afraid.
    When the ice is good and the fish are biting everyone thinks their the most important customer ,but realize things get hectic, people don’t show up for work and it just not possible to please everyone.
    Sorry for your bad experience, but they do try to run a good business as best they can!
    Good luck

rywheat

Maybe HUNTERS need to get into the new age and update there website with daily ice condtions and a fishing report like some of the others do. I personally use there access a couple times a year and know people that have there houses there along with eating in the bar/restaurant. There is a couple of resorts that could update a website and give there employe’s a break and let them work (tend bar wait staff plow roads) just by updating there website. I think this day and age we all use the web a little giving there phones a break.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.