UL Reel suggestions

• swami2806

Been shopping for a new UL reel for ice fishing and trout in the spring. I’ve tried a few at the local tackle shop, and noticed that the infinite anti reverse features on UL reels aren’t really infinite–there is a little play in all of them (and a lot in some). Is this an issue with all small reels??? The problem is, the only place to handle these is in the small tackle shops. Everything else is sealed in bubble plastic. The best I could find was the (Chinese) Penn Captiva cv500, and that even had play in it. So, any recommendations or suggestions by the experts here on an ultra light reel with a solid IAR would be appreciated. Thanks. –Jim

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

depending on what you are willing to spend the shimmano sedona 750 is a great reel! i own one and i love it!it is a little costly for an ul reel running you about $50 but it’s a great quality reel!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Pflueger has an ultralight out this year called the Pflueger President. I have not yet used on but if this reel matches the quality of the full sized Presidents then this is a great reel. Definitely worth checking out.

swami2806

Thanks gator and switchback I will check those out. I don’t mind spending a lot since I do a lot of brook trout fishing .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.