Stoddard Ice/Bite

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Well i got on the ice today with casey goode to fish gills at stoddard. What a blast. we got there and found plenty of ice still around, (Around 8 inches) And it was solid. No slush whatsoever. In fact, creepers were a must on the slippery ice. we started slow, and then moved and got into them. I caught 3 keepers but all others were little guys. we moved again and caught a few, and i thought it was gonna pick up, but it shut off instead, so we moved back to where we started. This is where things got really fun. i set up on the same hole i was on before and started toasting them. I caught a huge 9″ gill that was just awesome. We iced several more keepers and had a great time. One guy let us use his aqua view for a while and man what a blast. We were selectively harvesting fish before they even bit because if it was small, you could pull it away. I caught two big gills on that. We ended up with 10 keepers for the day, and i probably caught 65-75 more that were shy of that size. It was an awesome day no matter how you look at it!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

heres my 9″ hog….

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Nice Fish!! How is the new lx-3 treating you?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Its awesome! i am starting to see what some of those guys are talking about when they can tell what species of fish shows up…Just like they said with the perch that shoot up from the bottom to take the bait…I noticed that today, i would see a red line bubble up from the bottom and it would shoot up to my bait and before i knew it, i had a perch…hmm, what a coincidence (SP?) Anyway, i have been having a blast fishing with the flasher. After getting an opportunity to use a aqua view today, i think that will be next on my list. The two will go great together!!!!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

OK- Who changed my handle!?
    Thanks, im flattered!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

OK- Who changed my handle!?
    Thanks, im flattered!

I’m guilty!!! With all the sharing, posting, reporting, and pics you provide for everyone on the site on both hard and soft water I felt you deserved a much better title my friend. You EARNED it, thats for sure. THANKS for ALL you do Bud. MUCH appreciated.
    Thanks, Bill

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Thanks Bill. Those comments are why this site is so addicting I always love hearing the input and everything and its more fun to give input…THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thank you Sir. You do a great job and I ALWAYS love reading your reports.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.