North of Hwy 8

• marbles
    Northwest Wisconsin

Panfish have been biting on lakes near Luck and Frederic. Northerns have also been active. Walleyes seem to be holding near off shore structure (weed and rock humps, etc) near deep water but seem to have been slow during the recent week. Ice depth varies. Some cars are out on lakes near Siren (Clam, Viola,etc.). Slush has gotten a little better over the past two days as it has been a bit colder than earlier in the week. Ice fishing contest season is getting ready to start (Contest on Yellow Lake the 14th).

livetofishmn
    Mankato, Mn

My brother and i went up to my uncles in frederic and we fished round, big and little butternut,and godfrey. we had pretty good luck, caught a bunch of crappies and bluegills and about 6 small northerns. We also got a 20 inch largemouth at godfrey. no walleyes tho. What lakes do you fish around there?

marbles
    Northwest Wisconsin

I fish Big Round for crappies and walleyes once in a while. Bone Lake for perch and crappies. Trade for panfish. I want to try Half Moon for walleyes some evening. I also want to get out on Wood Lake sometime soon. I do more fishing farther north including Yellow Lake.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ll be in the area tomorrow morning. Limited on decent perch last week. Fast action. Size was just ok but keepable.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.