Ice Armour Gloves

• col._klink
    St Paul

Has anybody found these anywhere? I heard that they made some but cannot find them anywhere.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Hey Thorne bros will have them in a couple weeks…Otherwise all they have left are the small size…

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Saw a bunch at Gander Mountain in Forest Lake last week. I’m not sure what sizes they have left.

Lars

col._klink
    St Paul

Where does Gander keep them? I looked all over and found nothing. Plus the people I asked where DUH what are those??

fishwhenican

The gandermountain in woodbury had them hanging by all of the shacks

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I ordered mine right from Clam Corp in Plymouth, Mn…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If you haven’t been able to find them yet, that might not be all bad. In my opinion they’re junk. The velcro around the wrists ripped to shreds in the first day. Thankfully Steve Vick picked them up from his Gander so the return was as simple as tell him to take them back for me.

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I sure am glad I read James reply here before I bought these gloves. I tried a pair on at Gander and they felt very comfy. If they tear apart right away they might as well be white and spun on a roll so we can use them in other areas, lol.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Mine lasted LESS than 4 hours during which I removed and put them back on my hand 3 or 4 times. The plastic velcro type stuff was ripping away in chunks.

While wearing them my hands sweated profusely which caused my hands to get ice cold. A switch over to the tried and true double-lined fleece gloves and I was nice and toasty again.

This is just the findings of one guy with one pair o’ gloves. Others might love them. Steve @ Gander Duluth says they were selling like hotcakes so he grabbed two pair… one for me, one for him. They were quite comfortable when I initially put them on so I can see how people would try them and like them. I’ve not heard from anyone else about these gloves but for $30 they better last a long time AND keep a guy warm.

LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

I’ll second James’ observation about your hands sweating profusely. I don’t even think I made it 10 minutes and had to shed them.

><(((>

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

My guess is they’re not using a breathable water-proof membrane like a gore-tex or similar and that causes the heat and sweat to accumulate.

merickson
    Princeton, MN

The velcro on mine was ripping off in chunks the first day I used them!!!

corey-studer

I guess I got lucky with the pair I bought. I’ve had my hand in the water to check the thickness of the ice, etc. And have yet torn the velcro or get wet/cold hands. I’ve been happy with mine so far.

I would contact clam corp. customer service and let them know how unsatisfied you were with them.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.