Otter Lake

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Can anyone tell me if there is ice on Otter lake by Cadott?
    I have fished this during open water but not through the ice. The rain has knocked the snot out of the ice around here and I still have the need to put my feet on hard water

freitag
    Osseo, WI

Brett,
    Don’t know about Otter, but Mead is fairly close by, if not closer..(south and east) and for me has produced a couple of nice outings for crappie. Last outing was this past Sunday with 7-8″ of ice..some slush and 40 crappies averaging 8″ or better. Not huge by any means but active. Was debating about going this afternoon vs open water at Red Wing.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thanks Tagger,
    I didn’t want to drive 2 hours north to find the same ice conditions as we have here

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

PS: Tagger, Chris and Wendy say HELLO!

Small world hey?

mikemohr
    eau claire wi.

i have herd of people still going out there up to last weekend they did very well limted out on blue gills

freitag
    Osseo, WI

I’d say. Wow, say hello back, please. Also, went to Mead Lake last nite with a buddy…bringing up 38 crappies in 2 hours. Again, no size until late. Very lite biters. Suspended 8-11′ in 15′ of water.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thanks for the info guys. I have to make a game plan now. I have the need to chill my feet

Good luck fishing

Bret

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Ice on Otter and Mead Lake is still stable enough for sleds and ATVs. Otter has a contest on it tomorrow so will be busy. No automobile travel on either. Mead lake is a great lake to take kids to with the robust action on the crappies. Problem is some of them fish are so thin they are one sided! Otter is a little slower bite but the quality is a bit better most days. FYI Miller Dam is also a great panfish lake with good northern mixed in. Look north of Thorp on hwy 73 to 64. Easy access and good quality fish.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I just read your other post Not the place for me this weekend, thanks for the info! Otter Lake has rocked for me for open water crappies, just haven’t had a chance to hit it when it was hard water. I agree, it is not about numbers for me either Quality fish are cool

Good luck on the ice people

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.