Strikemaster Auger

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I saved all my Xmas money and now I need to spend it. We are closing out our augers here at work and I want to snatch one up. Here are my choices: 8″ or 10″ Mag 2000, 8 or 9″ Lazer Mag or the Ultra. The prices range quite a bit and I want to know if the extra money is worth it. This will be my first auger, so I don’t need the best. I fish about 40-50 days a year. I need something light, that will still drill a hole fast. I think an 8″ is all I need, but I am open to ideas.

mikemohr
    eau claire wi.

I own a strikemaster it is nice you want to keep your blades sharp i do alot of fishing like you but an 8 inch is all you need its light and you can pull any fish out of.

good luck
    mike

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

If you would be interested I have a 8″ mag 2000 still in the box that I won in a drawing. PM me if your interested

Todd_NE

I agree that the 8″ is the way to go for most people, especially if you panfish. I went with a 9″ because every so often I chase lake trout and I like to have a little extra space for my floating transducer. Each his own, to me – the 9″ was the all around compromise.

Todd

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

An 8 inch is all you need……So You’ve been saving your money and want the best new auger…..So you go out and pick up an 8 inch lazer mag express. HUGE difference in performance. You will be happy.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I will second what Matt said. The 8″ Lazer Mag is the way to go. Congrats on your new Auger, you will love that Strikemaster

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I noticed some IDA guys are strikemaster prostaffers,so what is the big difference between the Lazer Mag and 2000? I have read all the specs on both, but I am just wondering if someone has used both. How does the chipper blade on the Mag 2000 work? Sorry about all the questions, but I want to make the best choice.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I have the Strikemaster Laser Mag 8” gas auger and love it. Great auger. No need for a hole bigger than 8” in my mind. I am NOT sponsored by them.
    Thanks, Bill

Borch

Quote:

I noticed some IDA guys are strikemaster prostaffers,so what is the big difference between the Lazer Mag and 2000? I have read all the specs on both, but I am just wondering if someone has used both. How does the chipper blade on the Mag 2000 work? Sorry about all the questions, but I want to make the best choice.

I have both.

The mag 2000 is a chipper. It’ll cut holes no problem. Not as fast as the the lazer mag. I picked up a lazer mag last spring when my mag 2000 went on the fritz on Upper Red. The mag 2000 needed a new carb kit. The folks at strikemaster fixed it up for me when I got back. Gotta love that Strikemaster customer service.

Actually I’m looking at selling both of my strikemaster augrers with extentions. Nothing wrong with them but I need to free up some cash for a new ice fishing toy.

fishinfool
    mn

J Bongers has a hell of a deal. I got a new 2000 and it works great. Really does cutting a hole in a matter of seconds differences really matter between a lazer and a chipper. Im not so sure. I am totally satisfied with mine. FF

fishinfool
    mn

I think the main thing is take care of it and make sure you let it WARM UP> it makes a difference in life of the engine. FF

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.