Heavy Gear Update

• swami2806

Thanks to everyone for pointing me in the right direction concerning purchacing a heavy outfit, especially eye-guide and fishaholik. I wound up going with the Garcia 4600c3. After doing some comparisons, I setteled on the smaller outfit since it’s better suited for the waters here in Connecticut, and I can still use it my one long weekend a year on a northern lake (NH, Maine, upstae NY etc.). Anyway, Cabela’s was sold out of both, and I found them from a seller on ebay for $49.99 and $6 shipping and insurance. I never dealt with this guy before–I’m not getting commission, this is not spam, etc. etc. He said they are changing the models in 2006 and he’s trying to unload the 2005s. They are not reconditioned and come in the box w/ paper and warrantee, so he says. I figured I’d leave the link since so many seem to like the garcia reels here. It’s for the 5500, but he has a store you can click on for other models. Garcia 5500c3

edit: Oh. If orgot to ask…I tried a search for ‘small’ and ‘compact baitcasting reel’ and found a reel made by Master, under the Penn line. Anyone know anything about these? They seem to go for about $30. Shipping from this guy is a bit high though. Thanks for any input. Master 165 by Penn

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

CT,
    thats all i like to use are the abu’s i think you made the right choice, i cant find anything wrong about them, i think you will love them. just my 2 cents
    -Aaron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.