Long Lake Gils

• bigpike

Spent the day at Long in Washburn county, started out very slow but as the day progressed so did the fishing, by the end of the day we couldn’t get our jigs down the hole fast enough and the gils were coming up to hit as the jig was sinking 10′ above them. Very cool! The size was very nice and we had tip ups out so we stayed past dark. Around 5:45 just before it was time for me to leave I saw some activity on my sonar so I sarted jigging for what I thought were crappies, to my surprise I caught the biggest gils of the day in complete darkness, they both were 9 1/2″ long. Unfortunatly I had to go, with an 1 1/2 hour drive, and a mess of gils to fillet, I had to be up for work at 4:30 the next morning… flirtie girties were the ticket tipped with a waxie,, check these slobs out….

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Congrats BigPike,
    those are some very nice Bluegills.
    Jack..

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Them are a couple nice gills

There have been a few dark nights that I had gills take Glow jigs. Same results as you, they seem to run bigger in the dark. How cool

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

You just have to love the days when they are really on the feed Those are some dandy gills, they look like little dinner plates

bigpike

Thank you the way the day started out I didn’t think I’d catch enough to keep interested but man did they turn on in the afternoon, also it should be noted that they were pulling a snowmobile out of Long by the narrrows, which by the way is completely open, as a wise man once said, “If you want to snowmobile across a lake, you need ice” (Bill Landowski, 2006)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.