12/31/05 Early AM

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

With the late PM bite being a bust the last couple times, I decided to hit the ice at 2:30am to see what was happening.
    The fish where in 10fow. The fish were comng through at 5-8 feet. AmWatson showed up as I was relocating. I started catching crappies on a White Glow Ratso. The bite was best, not ever real hot, starting at 5:00 and slowing down at light.
    We took some pics and headed home around 9:30. We are both anticipating the arrival of Marcum’s So it didn’t make it that hard to head for home

Good luck fishing people

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

2 nice crappies

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Wats with a dandy gill.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Another fun day out on the ice. The last few days has been a struggle to get fish and maybe we are at a turning point for the better after today’s excursion. Has anyone noticed Bret is just a little nuts I myself couldn’t make it out until 3:30 It was pretty peaceful as we were the only ones on the ice until daylight. And when you get on the ice that early, daylight takes a longtime to get there
    I caught most of my fish on a glow head with a Finesse plastic noodle, the best color was purple. I had that tipped with a red spike. The bite is still off but I think it is going to turn back on here pretty quick.
    I made a quick call home after we got off the ice and found out I had a Marcum box waiting for me I am now the proud owner of an LX-3 and fired up to try it out.
    As always, it was a pleasure fishing with you Bret

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

NICE FISH!!!! Marcums? Hmmmmm…

You guys are very fortunate, the ice down this way is not safe. And I literally think I am going to lose it…
    A week trip up to mille lacs may be in order very soon…

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Pick me up on the way to Mille Lacs Our ice is still pretty decent in most areas. Come on up this way, we have plenty of places to find good fish

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

It hasn’t been all that good of a year here either Luke. The ice is getting soft and you have to bang stuff off there heads to get the nice ones to hit

Here is a pic of breakfast

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Is the mail there yet…?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

you guys are good I have had a hard time getting fish to bite lately. Today we headed south of stoddard to start (again i didnt get to go where i wanted i was planning on going to Lake onalaska and my dad changed the plan on me without even telling me. ) we went down and pulled into blackhawk park which is south of genoa and found a little lake that the guys out there called “Green Lake” This lake was shallow, and there were quite a few bluegills around. I caught 8 out of a hole in about 5 minutes at one point. Most fish were small 5-6 inches so we left and headed to stoddard. This was a stupid decision on my part. I would have rather stayed and caught more but smaller fish. When we got to stoddard, i was still marking fish everywhere, but they were not hitting. I would have them looking at the bait for as long as 5-10 minutes at times without a bite. They were reacting more to a waxie than a plastic, but i only squeeked out 3 tiny fish at stoddard.
    I think ill have to rely on goose to put out some fish tomorrow
    PS
    Ice was only 5 inches or so on “Green Lake” But at stoddard, it was upwards of 8 maybe 9 inches yet. Very crappy ice

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Not today. I have to remember, this is Sparta

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Is the mail there yet…?

Yo Luke,
    I have a MarCum LX-5 now
    I can’t wait to fire it up early Saturday mornin’. It’s going to look all perty in the dark I’m sure

I am already Impressed with the way it is packaged and built

The simulator is cool. I can’t believe how quite it runs

Good luck fishing people
    Bret

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

bret-
    I know! they are so quiet. I was fishing today with mine, and there was a guy with a fl-8 sitting about 20 feet away and i could hear his, but not mine!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.