Converting older Jiffy to a Stealth?

• riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I know Jiffy says this cannot be done and that the augers are not interchangable. My question is has anyone here tried it? From what I can tell there is no reason one can’t adapt the new Stealth blades to an older auger. Has anyone tried this?
    I can’t complain about how my Jiffy cuts at all but after using a Stealth I can see I no longer have the cats meow.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I know Jiffy’s turn the opposite direction from most augers. That may be why. The blades are set up to cut in the opposite rotation.

riveratt

Thanks for the reply. The Stealth is indeed a Jiffy, just what they call their new blade system. As far as I know the rotation is the same because the Ripper blade included in the Stealth replacement kit is the same as the regular style. Jiffy claims that the pointed tip is too short to allow for the new Stealth cutters but, from what I rough measured with my fingers in the store, they look the same. I was hoping someone here had already tried or done this conversion.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I wanted to do the conversion with my Dad’s Jiffy. The problem is, you can’t buy just the auger. At least that’s what I was told last year from Jiffy. If you want the Stealth auger, you have to buy the powerhead with it.

If you can find a place to buy just the auger, please pass it along. I have a machine shop to mill any kind of part to make it fit.

riveratt

According to Jiffys tech hotline the Stealth auger will not bolt to the older powerheads. From that statement I just assumed the augers were available, maybe not? I see no reason the replacement blade kit couldn’t be adapted to the older augers. Problem is I’m not equipped to cut and weld with anything more than a steak knife and scotch tape!

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

I know both my uncles bought new augors for there powerheads but for an extra 100.00 you can get a new drill. That is what they said. I don’t know if that 1 or 2 seconds would be worth spending the dough.

riveratt

Quote:

…for an extra 100.00 you can get a new drill. That is what they said. I don’t know if that 1 or 2 seconds would be worth spending the dough.

That is just it. Is it really worth the hunnerd bucks to save 10 seconds in the average days fishing? Not to me but thhen again being of the male species I feel compelled to get the latest and greatest.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.