Clear Lake 12-28-05

• CaptainAnchor
    Floyd, IA

Just a quick update. Made it out yesterday for the first time this season. Ice is mostly 8 to 12 inches. Shacks out around the island, farmers, channel region. Aerators are now on with open water and thin ice signs posted. Oh yeah, yellows are biting, no walleyes for me. OUT…Captain Anchor aka Troy Loeckle

nater3
    Webster City, IA

Are the yellows biting or are they BITING?
    Nate

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

Thanks Troy for making a report I got my lower teeth pulled 3 weeks ago and and had 2 gum surgerys since I think that tells the story on my lack of reports Hurry up 06 this last month been a dandy

Big E
    Saint Paul, MN area

I was out last Wed. For us, the yellows were slow that day, though the guys at Dome Bait and Tackle said the yellows were biting strong. Not much for walleyes… exept for the couple dozen 7 to 10 inchers that we caught.

speuboy

I’m thinking about heading up to clear lake this weekend with a few guys. Anyone have any more updates on the ice and fishing conditions?

barbisfishn
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

The Ice is great, The Yellow Bass were hitting and a few walleye’s (small). See my pic’s located under Clear Lake discussions.

I recommend Early Morning Fishing 7 to 9am and the Mid Afternoon to dark.

I fished in 12ft of water just N.W of the Island. The Bait Store guy gave good advice and it produced 30 fish. Watch out, when the bite starts it’s fast and furious and then it dies down. I started at 8am 1/5/06 (Thanks Hyvee for the delay in paying a video lottery win, yeah I’ll blame them).

I caught 6 fish in about 15 to 30 minutes and another 4 over the next 3 hours. I left planning to fish the afternoon but ended up at Rice Lake and didn’t even drop a line in the water.

I would do it again if I get time this weekend, but back to work for now.

Barb

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.