Feedback on HI-Tech one/two Polar Escape Shelter?

• kelsey1
    SW Lower Michigan

I did a search of old posts regarding Shelter/shantys and could not find any comments on the HI-Tech Polar Escape Shelters, either a one or two man. Seems to be a good value but would like a MN point of view as you guys seem to be alot more hardcore than us Lower Michigan boys.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

I just purchased a used one man HT shelter. It is very lightweight and does not take up much room. Head room is not the greatest. You will want to sit on a shorter pail or chair than the standard pail if you are over 6 feet tall. The sled is plenty big enough to carry a couple pails, power auger and other gear. If you find one where the sled is flat on the bottom it will be better than the sled I have. It has two grooves cut into it so that there are 3 surface areas which causes it to sink in the snow a bit. Other than that it pulls pretty easy.

kelsey1
    SW Lower Michigan

Thanks Fish, I am going to assume that this brand is not very popular due to the lack of response vs the views. Tonight on the channel I actually had the HT/One man next to a Fishtrap Pro/One man and I could really see the difference in size and quality of seat. Probably going to go with the “Pro” which seems to be the “choice” amongst most comments by my Michigan Sportsmen Posters.
    Thanks again for the response.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Take a look at our post about the Otters in the Shappell post in the General discussion forum…
    Otter really puts out a nice house!
    Tuck

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I can give you my thoughts on the Trap Pro…..excellent
    I have had so many different shacks I can’t keep track of them all. But, I do remember the 2 best that I have had. Fish Traps and Otter. Currently I have a Trap Pro and have had it out the last couple days. they are a great 1 man shack. I can load and unload it by myself with gear still in it. They have ample room for 2 holes, flasher, heater, and still have plenty of room for your feet They have plenty of elbow room and a window in the front and the back. The 2 vents on the side are also nice to get fresh air in when the shack gets too warm. They also pull very nice on ice and snow. I haven’t had to pull it in real deep snow yet but either way they pull nice. I am also a tall guy and there is plenty of headroom. The new seats are very comfortable and can be moved from side to side as well a front to back. The movable tackle tray is also a nice addition. I can put my clippers, drink of choice, bait and small tackle box right next to me and be able to grab things quickly and easily. I am very impressed with the Trap line of fish houses

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.