FYI cleaning large jumbos’

• Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Just to let all of you know.. Upon cleaning those large jumbos that were caught on monday from Mille Lacs. I did notice some worms embedded in the meat!! I only found this in the sumo perch. Nothing was found in the 9″-11″ range!!! So I guess that I am going to release all of those big fish once I take a picture… Cause they are not worth cleaning if they have worms.

Just a heads up!!!!

Bob Bowman
    MN

Thats just added flavor buddy Were the worms white in color or were they black? I am guessing that with the perch in Mille that they were the white worms.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I cleaned a couple that were very fat that didn’t have any worms monday night.

Hot oil kills everything. Extra protien.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

White worms….I let my wife cook the fish…well that didn’t go too far ..she threw out the ones with worms… I would have not kept them if I would have know that..

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Dont worry about them! If you soak them in water for a few minutes, they will appear yellow in the white meat. With a flick of the filet knife, they are gone! They cannot be spread to humans anyway. They can only live in a cold blooded host. Don’t waste the sumos!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.