bench seat in otter

• gregory
    Red wing,mn

any one have a bench seat in there otter? just wonder how well they work out,comfortable? thanks

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

My past 3 otters had bench seats in them…they add a fair amount of weight to the unit, but in my opinion…there is no better seat

dead-weight
    prescot wi

the only way to go for my self, on my 2nd otter

gregory
    Red wing,mn

thanks guys i thought it was the way to go,i pull mined with a fourwheeler so weight isn’t to much of a problem..

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Sounds like the other guys have made it pretty clear.
    We tried everything and nothing worked better than Otter’s bench. We did not actually notice much of a weight increase.
    Also works great for hauling the kids. With the travel cover removed, the bench seat is useable with the skin collapsed.
    Cheers

emover
    Malcom, IA

yep, gotta love the Otter bench seat

dave

gregory
    Red wing,mn

just got mine for a magnum, seems small,shacks six feet wide,and the bench is only four feet long,anyone buy a large and modified it?

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I don’t know how I could handle setting in my house without my Otter bench seat. I have sat in the boat style seats…and there are ok! but the bench is like setting in a school bus seat!!!!! they are hinged so you can lift and stow all your gear under it also. I add a short piece of rope and tie up the seat during setup. It allows me to pack my gear in the sled without having to hold the bench seat up! works great……

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

i have fished with bobber in his otter, the bench seat is a nice set up. the only problem i see with the seating options of all the tub type portable fishhouses is that with all of them your feet are on the ice while fishing. i built a custom bench seat for my otter that is in the back of the tub. with the bench seat set up this way your feet are in the tub or resting on the edge of the tub while fishing. there is 2 reasons for this, 1)feet stay warmer. 2)allows more room out in front of you for heater, flasher, and all your other stuff. no more hitting the heater with the end of your rod and burning your line off…….tom f

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.