12/26/05 Stoddard Report

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Well i hit Stoddard with a different friend from school today. He is one of the nicest kids you will ever meet. I had not really talked to him much before, he was always quite quiet, but it turns out, hes a fishin’ machine, almost as much as i am. He even has a vex We hit the ice at about 10 Am, after an annoying incodent at ace. Turns out my 20 dollar gift card from ace had not been activated so i had to put about 10 ice jigs, a skimmer, and some 4 lb. ice line back because of it Luckily, i still got a portion of what i needed, and was able to make it through the day. Carson, the friend i was with, was so nice, he let me fish with his fl8-ultra pack for most of the day. It was SO SO COOL! Nothing like dropping that jig down there and watching the red come scooting off the bottom to smack it. Anyway, i caught a couple keepers on the vex, and a few more smaller ones, but then it went dead. We couldn’t catch anything for about an hour, with or without using the vex. carson and his mom had to leave for a family christmas, so bye bye vex, but casey showed up and we headed out of town. We went between the islands and talked to a guy there that had caught one tiny fish all day so we moved in towards the first group. We set up and got into quite a few fish. Mostly tiny fish, but entertaining. We still iced a few keepers, but not enough to clean so we sent ’em on home with someone else. It was an interesting day, whether it was slow or not…Its always a learning experience!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

heres a couple nice fish caught while on the vexilar
    Sorry guys, Even though i liked fishing the vexilar, im going with an LX-3 I’m sorry i broke the vexilar dudes’ hearts, but its affordable, very nice, and just as good as any vex.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

heres a couple more caught while fishing with casey….

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

you did alot better than me today i cought 1 small gill the whole day, but i did get to use my dads aqua vu, that was pretty sweet..dad sure loves. i marked some fish on the X67C but nothing would bite
    -Aaron

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Nice couple of gills you got there It was definitely a tough day of fishing today. Congrats on the LX-3 purchase You are going to love having a flasher

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Hey Fish,

If that perch was any smaller, you could put him on a jig and fish for walleyes….

Just razzin’ you, but at the same time, Isn’t he a bit small?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

ask Casey- i didnt catch him

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I think you are looking at it the wrong way Slop Them gills are so big it makes the perch look small

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.