12/ 26/05 Small lake

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

JP Mason, AmWatson and my self walked on early. We went to a spot that produced fish a week earlier. It was slow. A couple fish but nothing to brag about. Traffic started to move in so JP and I went for a walk We caught dinks till we got sick of it then made some holes. We started at an edge in 10fow and drilled a line of holes. At the third move JP and I were on perch

Blue Fleck showed up later to show us how to stick bass Great to meet you finaly Blue

The perch were taking Little Cecils tip with a waxie. JP was even double tipping. Is that legal? We found perch from the bottom to 2 feet off.

It pays to keep on the move We were only 75 yards from where we started.

Good luck fishing people

This pic is Wats walking on this morning. It was very nice out!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Blue Fleck sticking it to bass

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

JP Mason with a lost crappie.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

We caught alot of perch under 11 inches that went back. Some nicer class fish did come through the area for us

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

cool bret- There were a few perch lingering at stoddard today as well. It was slow though, and like you guys, we caught tons of dinks, maybe 8 keepers. I had 2 really nice 9+ inchers though.. Finally got some vex time today, and it was awesome. I got to see the first keeper of the day, a 9-1/2 incher, come flying up from the bottom to smack my jig. What a blast. Ill have a report with pics shortly….

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Bret and JP handed me a whoopin today fishing They had the hot sticks today and worked for the fish they did catch. Between the 2 of them they must have drilled 30+ holes. It was a real nice day weather wise But, the snow is melting leaving a lot of water on top of the ice. The ice was still in pretty good shape where we fished today. Man, I really struggled to catch fish today. Oh well, some days are diamonds and some are stones Nice bunch of fish guys

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Quote:

This pic is Wats walking on this morning. It was very nice out!

OH really, i thought he was taking a pee

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

OHhhh, Dudes

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

That’s what it looked like to me too

Quote:

Blue Fleck showed up later to show us how to stick bass

Bret- Blue’s bass don’t get much bigger than that during the summer either. Back at ya Blue

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

It does look kinda like that don’t it But hey, if I was, at least I was pointing the other direction

herb
    6ft under

“was pointing the other direction”??????????????
    Wat’s, not sure about you, but I always try to point down.
    Unless—————!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

That’s what it looked like to me too

Quote:

Blue Fleck showed up later to show us how to stick bass

Bret- Blue’s bass don’t get much bigger than that during the summer either. Back at ya Blue

Good Job Sloppy! Ya FINALLY get to throw one at me.

jp_mason
    Onalaska, WI

We need to work on the pictures Bret Thanks for the try. For everyone that has commented to the picture of Wats walking out, I need to try and explain. I have made a strap for pulling your ice shelter out and Bret was trying to get a picture of it. We will try harder and do a little better job next time.
    I don’t know what the rules are for posting an item like this on the site, so until I know I will wait. But what I can say is, it sure was nice the other day to have both hands free to checke the ice as you walked out. I will get a few pictures taken and post them if I am allowed. If anyone is interested they can PM me and I can provide more detail.
    Thanks for the try Bret and Wats, sorry for all the trouble.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

If and when JP can get this handy strap introduced, I am positive you will benefit from it. The strap is definitely a very handy tool for hauling your portables on the ice. They are a back saver and keep both hands free. Awesome idea that is for sure

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

As stated above, JP did a great job on this strap. Very easy to use and like Wats said a back saver! We have been field testing the strap for weeks now with nothing but good results. It is great having both hands free and no twist on your back while pulling your portable.

Good luck fishing people

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.