Aqua view

• natureboy
    LaCrosse,WI

I just got an aqua-vu and it is sweet. Does anyone know of any tips or tricks to make finding and viewing fish easier. right now I just put it down in a hole next to the one with my bait in it. I was wondering about pointing it straigh down to find suspending fish?

paul follmer
    any where there biting

Check out Ice Teams web site Dave Genz did some work with down viewing, and come up with a way to hold camera while down viewing.

good luck

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Is this an Aqua View Scout? If it is one with a fish camera it is pretty easy to make it view down. Take a cable tie or a piece of string. In the tail section there is a hole drilled. Take the string or tie and tie the cable to the tail so the camera is facing down.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

where were you using this? i always wanted one, But then again, it probably wouldnt work well in the river anyway. I think i will be happy with the Lx-3 thats coming my way!

rvrhntr
    Holmen WI / New Berlin WI / Pelican Lake WI

The aquaviews are great tools and a whole lot of fun to use I have had the best luck side viewing. I have used it looking down but depending on what kind of bottom you have its hard to make the fish out . But it works to find bottom composition. I have no problems with my fish camera spooking anything either . As a matter of fact I have had tons of fish bump the camera or try to eat it I have been on the backwaters and used it with great results to but most of the time I use it on inland lakes. Have fun with it I hope it helps your fishing like it has for me.

natureboy
    LaCrosse,WI

I used it down at stodard and had 5-7 foot visibility. The river is muddy all summer. But in the winter there is much, much more vis.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.