volga report

• aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

we made it out today on Volga today with one of my buddies Jonathan. it was really slow, we ended up with 13 gills and 1 perch. here”s how the day went… we got on the ice around 7am and drilled some holes just a little passed the fishing dock. no body was on any fish at all. then we got up drill some holes and putting the lowrance in and nothing was going on. so me and Jonathan went all the way across the lake and i drilled a hole noticed i had fish. put my line in and i pulled up the smallest perch you ever seen. but then a few minutes. later I pulled a huge 9in gill. then we got on a few fish there by this time dad had the keeper perch. then things slow way down nothing was caught for awhile. then we all moved.. i kept getting into small fish schools and Jonathan was pulling out some keepers here and there. we were talking all of sudden he sets the hook on a little bass. then we caught a few more and the day was done. we fished in 20ft of water. Jonathan and i pulled 13 gills and dad had the one perch, sure had a good day!
    -Aaron

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

heres one of jonathan and his bass

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

heres one of my 9in gill, caught 2 others almost just like it.

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

heres the 3 biggest gills
    last one

Bob Bowman
    MN

Thanks for posting, boy those gills look good I hope to get out and get some of those this weekend. Can you say fish fry

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

Bob you come on down and will get a fish fry goin on it sounds pretty fun but i think where gonna need for fish
    -Aaron

emover
    Malcom, IA

Aaron,
    You had a good day on Volga Lake. I’ve had several that were worse. Nice pics How thick was the ice? What was best your best color? Were you using waxies? Maybe we’ll see ya out one of these days. Continued good luck.

dave

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

emover,

i think orange was the color, because out of all three of us Jonathan was gettin most of the keepers. yes we were usin waxies and the ice was around 10″ think where we were at.

-Aaron

emover
    Malcom, IA

Thanks Aaron!

dave

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.