Milly ice

• Jason_N
    St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

I heard a nasty rumor today that the resorts have stopped pulling houses out and are not recommending any vehicle traffic this weekend. I need to get to the mud. Anyone else hear this?

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

The condtions are not good right now. The resorts are not letting any cars/trucks back out on the ice due to cracks. The warm up in temperatures has busted the ridge and cracks open. Myself and Josh Hukriede went out early this am and just came off the lake at Hunters Point. Liberty Beach is also closing down their access to vehicles. ATV’s and snowmoblies are ok………. This condition is on the eastside, not sure of any other areas.

If you are heading up to the lake, call ahead and check for current conditions. Right now it’s very fogging……I am staying off the lake till things get better.

Jason_N
    St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

Thanks Bobber. I knew it would happen with the temps, just hate to hear it confirmed. Will it be hairy with ATV’s? Thanks again.

Jason

Bob Carlson

No, I think your allright with ATV or snowmoblie

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

bobber-

any luck this morning?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Thats a bummer.. This is their biggest week..

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Just want to hammer in the reminder to be safe up there. I havn’t seen the new cracks myself but the rain and heat wave are doing a number on the ice. I know the west side will be a definate mess with the numerous ridges and weak points. The ice is soft and expanding I surely would not recommend any vehicle traffic whatsoever Until we hit the next cold spell next week. I’d hate to read about an IDA’er in the paper.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

That isn’t the camoflaged truck, is it, Bob?

TGM
    Lakeville,MN.

Bobber & Matt,I couldnt agree more!!! there are some scary conditions out there right now .I made it up there thurs. morning to get my house pulled out,and had the pleasure of meeting Bobber & Hooks in the bar when I got there. Thankfully I left my truck on shore and took my 4wheeler out and I had a good day fishing ,manage to scratch a few walters.That night(Friday morning AM.)around 12:30 I was awakend by the earth quake.(good god i think my house moved a foot)Only to discover the pressure ridge heaved big time.There were many vehicles out the day before,now looking for a new way off the ice in the morning (Yikes).There were many new cracks that formed also.The bite got a little tougher on Friday,but still manage to catch and hook train a few fish.It may be awhile before the resorts can start pulling again.Until it gets cold again,be patient,be smart,be safe…merry xmas,jiggle-jiggle

Bob Carlson

It was nice meeting you also!!! maybe we will get out sometime and wet a line together! or our whistle is the bar!!!

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Yesterday there were people driving all over the west side flats with full size trucks. Some pulling big fish houses.

13 inches of ice but I wouldn’t trust it with this warm weather.

ExcitableBoy

Jiggle-Jiggle,

I hear that wheeler of yours floats…just long enough anyways. Good fishing with you, but next time I want to hook more than rocks and carpet. Did you make it back up there?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.