Nite Bite

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Wats and I hit the ice around 5:15 in hopes of nice crappies. To keep it short, I’m glad I took beer It was also nice to meet LaX Rookie and his friend who showed up later. Thanks again for letting me know my dome light was on
    Wats was the stick man tonight. He iced there nice crappies a little after dark, and that was it for the night
    We made some moves, marked some nice targets and couldn’t get them to hit.
    It was a tough bite, but a nice night to sit outside. Wats and I did get to field test our new fish house lights. They worked great for me. Wats did warn me, the tie wraps in the package are brittle. Make sure you have something decent to attach the lights to your frame. JP Mason turned me on to velcro straps. Thanks JP

The pic is Wats with a healthy crappie!!

Good luck fishing people
    Bret

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Warm night, good friends, and fishing-does it get any better
    Yep, the night started off good with 3 keeper crappies but it went south soon after Still I had a good time and will do the night bite again. For me, it seemed I had to have something that glowed to even get a look at the bait. 2 of the fish came off a glow shrimpo and the other fish came off a glow Lil’ Cecil. The fish house lights are a great addition to the portables. Plenty of light but not so much that it blinds you. For $7.99 they can’t be beat The crappie in this pic was the biggest of the night at just short of 13″. Man I love crappies Thanks Bret, lacrosse rookie, and I believe Joe for the company

Reefhawg1

What type of light are you using?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

They were called “Fish house” lights. They are like rope lights. I ran my off my spare flasher Battery.
    $7.99 at Gander Mnt. They were in a bin back by the heaters. Well worth the money.
    I plan on getting another set for flatty fishing in the boat. You can chain them together.

Reefhawg1

Thanks!! Sounds like a great idea, wish I would have thought about it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.