Mille Lacs Monday the 26th…

• TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

I will be heading out Monday the 26th. I would like to get out as far as possible but I do not have a wheeler or snowmobile. I have heard of some people driving trucks out to the Flats Not sure if they are on plowed and MARKED roads or not. I have never been out to the flats before and was wondering what the closest resort would be to leave out of if headed to the flats. My Dad has a wheeler and said I can use it if I want but not really sure where I am going. Anyhow, if anyone is looking to get out Monday and wants a fishing partner let me know. I do have 2 clam Pro’s both new and an auger and a Vex. (BEER IS A GIVEN) Don’t worry I can keep a secrete spot a secrete I can trade a few duck or goose hunts for info!
    Tom
    651-245-2336
    [email protected]

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

TJ,

Heidi and I are kicking around going on Monday since we both have the day off. You are more than welcome to join us if you are interested….we would be sledding out…there are roads plowed but to stay mobile you kinda need a 4 wheeler or a sled.

Shoot me a PM….it isn’t for sure…I am going tomorrow and if we have some success I would bet we go.

John

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

TJB,

Hunters Point Resort on the easside of Mille Lacs. 8 miles north of Isle on hyway 47 has a plowed road out to the mud flats. His road goes to the far south end of the Boot Flat. From there you can drive pretty much anywhere to another flat close by!!! $10 access fee

Hope this helps………Buckshot knows where to fish already!!!

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Thank you for the info!

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Twin Pines on west side has road out to flats. Picked up a limit of eyes tonite 27 FOW all 16 to 17 1/2 inches

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

crosby stick,
    Thank you for the info.
    It sounds like we have a few people headed out together. The plan for us and a few others will be to meet at hunters point at 6AM. We will try the mud early AM for eyes and then hit the breaks as it slows. If anyone else is interested in joining us please do so. I you can not make it out until later fell free to join us when you can or give me a call and I will let you know where and how we are doing.

Tom
    651-245-2336

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

I forgot to mention that there is a plowed and marked road from Hunters Point to the flats. We will be driving the trucks out.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

I will be there on Monday. I think the wheeler will be with me.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

TJB, I would call prior to your trip on Monday. You should make sure that the lake access will allow for your vehicle travel. As of today……ATV and snowmoblies are going out only. The lake has some nasty cracks that have closed some of the lake roads. Make sure to call before you drive all the way not have an ATV or snowmoblie along for towing.

We have had fog and warm temp’s (34 deg’s this morning)here on Mille Lacs for two days now. We need cold & clearing skies at night to allow the cracks to heal. Until than it’s ATV’s……… This weather pattern sucks.

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

yea it sucks. i hate this sloppy crappy ice. down on the south end we are still driving. but we havent gotten ANY cracks in wahkon bay. at least not to where we are driving out of. BE CAREFUL EVERYONE. hope to see ya monday tjb.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

What does the ice look like today? Is there going to be a place where most IDA’s are going to fish?

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

jbob, i dont know if anyone else is going, but me and two friends and tjb are headed out of hunters point at 6:am tommorow. if ya want to come on up. if you want and u dont make it before we go out u can call me at 320-237-4066 and ill let you know where we are. maybe we will c u there.

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

fish4fish888
    I called and left you a message, I called Hunters Point and they are not allowing trucks on their roads. I called a few other places as well and they are not letting trucks out either.
    Lets plan another day. I did buy a wheeler over the weekend so it will not matter next time.
    Just ask someone if they will borrow you their auger, its still just like X-mas!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.